We are working alongside the Neonatal Unit at Bradford Royal Infirmary to build a home-from-home for our families with babies born too early or sick.
The Neonatal Unit cares for more than 500 premature and poorly babies each year. Around one baby in 10 requires admission to the unit, which cares for babies from all over the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Clinical teams provide intensive care treatment to babies born as early as 22 weeks.
The refurbishment and expansion of the current unit promises to transform the experience of neonatal care for thousands of families across the region. Alongside superb clinical care, they can expect to find comfort, support, and space for reflection.
- Additional en-suite bedrooms which allow families to stay closer to their babies.
- This will reduce anxiety for parents, keep families together, and improve outcomes for our babies.
- Refurbished living spaces and kitchen to accommodate parents and siblings and allow families to support each other.
- A tranquil garden area where families can reflect and relax.
- An indoor play area for siblings to keep entertained.
Nothing can prepare our families for their time in the Neonatal Unit, but we can make it that little bit more bearable. If you would like to support our appeal in any way, please call our charity team on 01274 274809.