Gifts in kind
A great way to donate a gift is to visit our Amazon Wishlists. Please find below links to all the lists from our hospital departments.
These items have been carefully selected to ensure we provide a comfortable, home-from-home for our patients and their families.
We often receive donations of toys and games for our patients, particularly around the festive seasons such as Christmas or Eid, and whilst we are incredibly grateful for these, we do have some guidelines around what we can or cannot accept.
How to get your gifts to us
The Fundraising Team Bradford Hospitals Charity
Bradford BD9 6RJ
If you are planning to drop your gifts into the hospital in person, please contact our friendly fundraising team on 01274 274809 so that we have
advance notice of when you are coming in. Donations can be dropped to our Fundraising Office located at Daisy Bank on Duckworth Lane. Please note the office is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Toys must be brand new
- Toys must not be gift wrapped
- Soft toys are not accepted on our wards and departments due to the risk of cross-infection
- Please note, we are unable to collect your gifts from you, or cover the cost of delivering them to the hospital
Our babies and toddlers would like:
- Sensory toys
- Musical toys
- Picture books
- Fisher Price, Early Learning Centre toys, Building bricks, developmental toys
Our children enjoy:
- Sticker books, colouring books, craft activities
- Colouring pens, washable paints, glitter, card and paper
- Disney films on DVD
- Board games (Cluedo, Operation, Frustration etc)
- Lego, Geomag, Building bricks etc
- Barbie Dolls, Action Men etc
- CDs suitable for younger children
Our teenagers enjoy:
- Portable CD and DVD players
- Computer games (PS4)
- High street gift cards (of lower values)
- Toiletries and accessories for girls and boys
- Construction kits (for older boys)
- Jewellery kits for girls (including nail art etc)
Items we can’t accept:
- Used toys/second-hand toys
- Jigsaws (with many pieces) or large mechanical toys
- Used clothing
- Second-hand books
We do accept knitted garments for our premature and neonatal babies, but often have a greater supply than we can use, so it is always worth making contact with the hospital first if you are planning to donate a large number of knitted items.
We also love receiving knitted twiddle-muffs – helping to support anxious patients with dementia. They are a wonderful distraction.
See below our knitting patterns: