Thank you for taking the first step towards getting fit and fundraising for Bradford Hospitals’ Charity – the official NHS charity which supports you and your patients.
If you would like to start training to run 5K, we are here to help you achieve that! Follow the simple steps below.
- Pick a Parkrun which you would like to aim for. Lister Park holds 5K Parkruns every Saturday, starting at 9am. Bearing in mind that it takes nine weeks to follow the NHS ‘One You Couch to 5K’ app, you should aim for a date which is approximately nine weeks after you start training.
- If you have never taken part in Parkrun before, you must register at https://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/
- If you have taken part before, but you are unsure whether you need to update details, please visit https://support.parkrun.com/hc/en-us/articles/200175001
- Complete the electronic form below to register your run with Bradford Hospitals’ Charity. You can raise money for a specific clinical area if you wish – in fact you could enter as an individual or team! If we have enough teams, we will start a leaderboard! Please inform us which Parkrun you will take part in so we can support you with merchandise and publicity.
You will receive an email from Bradford Hospitals’ Charity confirming that you are registered with Get Fit and Fundraise. You will also receive a charity T-shirt and water bottle for your training and sponsored run.
- If you have already set up a Just Giving page, please let us know the URL. If not, Bradford Hospitals’ Charity will set up a Just Giving page for you or your team to allow people to sponsor you online. Please let us know if you would like a paper sponsorship form too.
- Take your confirmation email to the Staff Gym at Bradford Royal Infirmary to receive your free three-month Staff Gym pass. You can use this at BRI or St Luke’s Hospital.
- Download the One You Couch to 5K app on your smartphone from the Apple Store or Play Store and start your nine-week journey to running 5K! You don’t need to train in the gym, but it’s convenient for work and has fantastic facilities! You could even join our BTHFT running club, which is based at Bradford Royal Infirmary. Contact us to find out more!
- Keep in touch! Let us know how you are doing so we can support you. And don’t forget to follow Bradford Hospitals’ Charity and Staff Gym on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, where we will be posting regular videos to help you with training.
- After your run, please let us know how you did! We appreciate your hard work and we want to thank you!
The best of luck and we’ll see you on the other side of 5K!